Monday, June 2, 2014

Move It Monday - Gym Life

You know where you passion lies when you find something that makes move from your comfort zone without second thoughts. To me it is fitness. It is what makes me set the alarm clock every Sunday to wake up early and hit the gym. No, I am not a morning person at all, but it is worth it.

I love getting ready for my "date at the bar", but I know that there are some people who do not feel comfortable joining a gym. So for today's "Move It Monday" blog I want to share about the advantages of enjoying the Gym Life.

Move It Monday - Gym Life

Whenever I see a woman saying that they do not lift weights because they do not want to get big, my eyes almost pop out of my face. The pictures above were taken yesterday. On the one in the middle, I was still home and the other two, before workout.

Now tell me: am I big? I wish I were bigger, but after years of training and eating clean, that is all I got so far. It takes AGES to get big naturally. So, if that is your fear, just stay away from steroids and keep on lifting as heavy as you can.

There are many old-schoolers who are against cardio, while others overdo it. Through the past weeks, I have been doing 25 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) between 3 to 5 days a week in addition to a long run. Believe me, it is much less than what I used to do during contest preparation and much more than my usual. The thing is that I am doing Flex Holland's Summer Shape-up program. Therefore, these have been intensive weeks.

Find what works best for you. Too much of anything is bad (in my opinion), but do not ignore the power of a cardio session mainly if you are trying to lose some extra fat.

Things to do at the gym and have fun

Many gyms also offer classes. Personally, I am not really into them, but I was hooked on Les Mills Body Combat. I punched all my away once week. If you want to enjoy the moves, Zumba might be your thing. And why not trying some spinning? It can be a great alternative for days when the weather is not welcoming you to bike out side.

A few schools offer combat sports, Crossfit and various other disciplines. It might require some research, but I am pretty sure that you will find a place that meets your expectations.

So to summarize, at the gym you can:
  • Lifting weights
  • Cardio
  • Group classes
  • Combat sports
  • Crossfit
  • and lots more!
Motivated already? So let's get going!


Do you go to the gym? If not, what is holding you back? If yes, what is your favorite activity?

I am joining Rana, Erin and Stephanie in their Move It Monday linkup again.




Wishing you all a great week!
#DebbieInShape

No comments: