Saturday, April 19, 2014

Personal experiment

Some blogs ago, I mentioned that I was about to start a program to get in shape for the summer. Unfortunately, it seems that there was some confusion with the date. Instead of today, May 3rd, 2014 is the appointment for the kick-off. With that said, there is going to be a change of plans.

In the past month, I have been bulking. It is not like have been eating crap like there is no tomorrow, but I have increased the amount of carbs of my intake in an attempt to build some muscle mass in the process. I did hit some PRs at the gym however, my weight pretty much stayed the same no matter what.

Well, now I have two extra weeks in my hand, without any plan limitations and total freedom. So, I decided that I am going to make the best out of it.


Run
Why? Because!
All these years, I have been always following someone's 'plan'. Whether it was a plan put together specially for me by a personal trainer or from a book or website, I myself never dared being creative about my training. Despite having the example of my boyfriend who built a great physique throughout 20 years of being his own trainer, I have always feared not knowing enough. But let's face it, no one knows me better, right?

Therefore, the time has arrived when I am going to be a big girl and put into practice all the things I have learned so far. It is going to be a great experience no matter the results. Of course that the knowledge my trainers acquired throughout the years is not to be compared. Still, I think I have gone through enough to deserve my trust too.

For this week, the idea is lifting three times and running/jogging/sprinting three times. I want to make sure that I improve my running performance without damaging the (little) muscle mass. It will be an experiment and I am really excited about it. So you will be hearing (or should I say reading) not only about my impressions, but I will be sharing my workouts, meals and everything related to my fitness schedule and reactions to it.


Where you invest your love,  you invest your life.

I am looking having you in this journey with me, but it will be great to hear from you as well. Who puts your plans together? Have you ever trained your own? What sports do you practice? Please let me know about your experience too.

Wishing everyone an awesome Easter!

#DebbieInShape

No comments: