Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wellness Wednesday : Runner Socks

As I started to run again recently and to get connected to other runners around the globe, I have been discovering a lot of new techniques and products that support performance and recovery.

One of the products I have been reading very positive reviews about are runner and compression socks. No matter how clean my diet is or how much water I drink, I experience frequent swelling. Since it has been proven that compression socks limit, it is already worth trying.

Wellness Wednesday

The past week, I have been trying to find a pair to test without success. Today however, I had luck.

After working out, I visited a sport store close to the gym. I was delighted surprised when I asked for compression socks. Not only the seller did not make a strange face, but they showed me different options too!
I found McDavid compression socks at Foncé

To start with, I chose a pair of runner socks with compression. I want to go for a longer training next Friday and it will be the perfect opportunity to test them. The brand I picked was McDavid. My main motivation was the calf circumference for their smallest size. I did not the measure by heart, but from my experience, the bigger, the better. 

The price seemed good, but sincerely, I have no idea about the average cost since I did not find them anywhere else to be able to compare it.

Please note that this blog is not a review because, as I mentioned above, I still have to test them running. However, I gave them a try and they felt really comfortable. My cardio was again on the treadmill and just by wearing them for a bit, my legs felt great.

I could not wait till Friday to put them on

The only color they had in my size was white. I will try my best not to dirty them too much on my first test-drive. I will need some support from the weather though.


Do you also wear compression socks when running? Which brands have you already tried and what is your favorite one?


On a side note, I would like to share with you all that from now on I am a "I'm Fit Possible" Ambassador! I am really excited about this opportunity and I am looking forward sharing more about my ambassadorships soon.

I'm Fit Possible

Wishing everyone a great day!
#DebbieInShape



* You can also find me on:

No comments: